Monday 22 May 2017

Challenge #258 - week of 22nd May 2017

Yeah! I managed to get last week's prompt done within the week. I'm amazed at myself.

I haven't found time to get good daytime photos so I haven't posted it here yet, but you can find it over at the Whimsical Musings Facebook Community if you're interested!

Let's see if we can come up with something new for this week now...

We haven't had a sketch in ages so off I go to Pinterest to see what I can find. Ah yes, this is a good one.

This week, I'd like you to be inspired by this October Afternoon sketch.

Original Pinterest source here / October Afternoon sketches here

What I really like about this one is the large area reserved for journalling which is always something I struggle with combining in the design of my own layouts, the strip of uneven elements across the middle and the open to interpretation off the page areas. I think you can do a lot with this one!

Will you use 5 photos across the middle or replace some of these elements for journalling cards, paper, embellishments or pocket page cards? Will you have a multi-word title or just keep it simple? Will you use the space for journalling or use that area for more embellishments? Will you keep the design simple or really fill up the areas? I love sketches that offer all these different takes. However you change up the sketch or stay faithful to it, I'd love to see what you do.

Remember that you can either upload your layout into the Whimsical Musings Flickr gallery with the tag WM#258 or you can post it in our Whimsical Musings Facebook group. We've decided that we'll save albums for special occasions so just load up your photo to the group with the tag WM#258 in the write up text so that we can find it.

3 comments:

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...