Monday 19 May 2014

Challenge #133 week of 19th May 2014

Sorry this post is a "little" late! As in three weeks! Where does the time go? However, I suspect that most of you are busy too as no one gave me a nudge! Anyway, life has overtaken me a little but I noticed a few new layouts in our Flickr gallery (here) which was the push I needed to get going again. If you are still creating using our prompts, then I will try to keep up with providing them!

I thought it might be good for us to have a product/technique prompt this time around and this is as much as a challenge for me as it is for you.

I'd like you to be inspired by paint. Use it on your layout in its pure form, feature a painting, use a painted element on your page, splat it, dry brush it, photograph it... whatever you like as long as it features paint :-)

And here are a few ways I've used paint over the years:

A photo of the day with the prompt - Paint

Pam was horrified when I took this photo of the day - prompt was "Red" - and admitted that it was purely staged and the paint wouldn't actually be used! Maybe this is a photo I should use on my layout ...
Here I've used white paint for stamping as part of a Nic Howard class. This was really out of the box for me

I dry brushed cream paint here behind the title to help it stand out a little more

Stamping silver paint with bubble wrap - I love this look and need to do it again!

And here was paint splatted across the layout to help support my colour scheme

Now that I see the above examples, it makes me inspired to get my paints out and have a go - I can feel some splatting coming on at the least although that bubble wrap? Oh yes, maybe!

We would LOVE you to create a project using this prompt (or indeed any prompt - see the page above for previous ideas) and share over at our Flickr gallery (here) with the tag WM#133.

Fingers crossed that I'll be back again next week ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...